I need to merge multiple cells into one cell. Instead of wasting time, using notepad and replace here and there, I use a formula with the ampersand (&) operator to combine text from multiple cells into one cell.
- At the formula bar, type =.
- Select cell in which you want to combine i.e U2. The formula bar will show =U2.
- Type &""&. If you want to make space between the two cells, you make a space or any other character between the question mark. Example, &" "& or &","& or &" + "&.
- Then select the next cell that contains the text that you want to combine i.e V2.
- The formula looks like =U2&""&V2. Press Enter to see the result.